It’s a new year, filled with promise and plenty of new resolutions. Why not make 2021 your year to get organized? At The Isle at Mariner Shores, new townhomes in Newport Beach, Intracorp Homes is partnering with California Closets, the leading manufacturer of luxury storage solutions, to create optimal spaces for the ultimate in organization potential. Whether you are a fashion diva or a pack rat, we’ve got a solution for you.
One of the best things about moving into a new home is that you get to start fresh. It’s an opportunity to clean out your closet, garage and pantry and eliminate anything that doesn’t, in the words of Marie Kondo, founder of The Konmari Method, “Spark joy.” Then you determine a place for everything, making it functional and beautiful. Awe… that feeling, right?!
So whether you are looking to make a move this year or you just want to lighten your load, here are a few tips that can get you started.
1. Tackle one room, closet or cabinet at a time
2. Visualize your perfectly decluttered home and ask yourself these questions about each item:
- Do I use/wear this often?
- Does it have meaning or sentimental value?
- Can someone else use this item more than I am using it?
3. Separate your items by – KEEP / DONATE / RECYCLE OR TRASH
4. Take your donation items to your charity of choice right away and recycle or dispose of that pile immediately as well. This way you have already eliminated much and you can focus on only the things you are keeping.
There are so many organizational systems and methods you can use. For tips and inspiration peruse the California Closets online magazine – Ideas of Order https://www.ideasoforder.com/ and follow them on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/caclosets/
It’s always a big undertaking, but when it’s done you will have made space for what matters most. A home that is filled with just what you need and love. Big exhale!
*Images are a collection of California Closet’s work, not necessarily an indication of work at The Isle at Mariner Shores.